Out of the Closet
Disney has finally come out of the closet! Up until now they have hidden their beliefs and values away from the public. Now they have shocked all of us with the sudden revelation of their support of the LBGT community (less than 2% of the population, BTW). The big news lately is Disney actually has an “exclusively gay scene” in the upcoming release of the live action Beauty and the Beast movie. Or maybe you have seen the news about several same-sex kisses being shown in the latest episode of the company’s animated Star vs. the Forces of Evil program. This show targets children and adolescents on Disney XD, the company’s digital cable and satellite television channel.
But is this really the bold move everyone says it is? Is this the first time we have seen Disney’s support for the LGBT community?
Let’s take a look at Disney’s history to determine when they actually came out of the closet.
Two Decades of History
Disney has been coming out of the closet for almost two decades according to lifesitenews.com. The speaker on this post says a whooping 40% of Disney’s employees are gay! I just have two questions:
(1) Why, exactly, would your employer know your sexual orientation? Isn’t there some law against an employer asking such questions?
(2) How is it that a group making up less than 2% of the population has filled 40% of the jobs with Disney? This sounds like a bit of employment discrimination might be going on!
Disney’s Gay Day
Please don’t tell me you failed to notice “Gay Day” at Disney! Way back in 1991, Disney came out of the closet by hosting its first annual Gay Day. Since Disney chose to host Gay Day long before being gay was cool, it is reasonable to believe, they have not only accepted the practice of homosexuality but actually lead in pushing the agenda.
Disney’s Argument Against DOMA
Do you remember way back in 2013 when there was a law stating marriage was between a man and a woman? Something you might not know is Disney, along with several other big name companies signed the DOMA amicus brief for the Supreme Court hearing that ended the Defense Of Marriage Act. Here are just a few quotes from that document:
For many employers, DOMA does violence to the morale of the institution itself.
Do what? My sex life actually does violence to the morale of the company I work for? When did my sexual orientation become fodder for conversation around the water cooler? Or anywhere else for that matter?
Our organizations are engaged in national and international competition— for talent, customers, and business. That competition demands teamwork, and teamwork thrives when the organization minimizes distracting differences, and focuses on a common mission. DOMA’s core man-date—that we single out some of our married col-leagues and treat them as a lesser class—upsets this imperative.
Wow! Did I read that right? Are they saying having gender confusion isn’t distracting? And once again, what does my sexual orientation have to do with my employment? Maybe I am different! I go to work each day for a certain amount of hours, perform my assigned duties and then I go home. My employer pays me for doing that and nothing else! Not once has my sexual orientation been discussed, caused a distraction, or did any violence to the moral of my company.
Disney Promotes Their Agenda to Your Family
Then Disney decided to take its LGBT agenda to the next level. On January 26, 2014, the family friendly show Good Luck Charlie, Disney introduced two lesbian moms to your living room. This show is mainly targeted at adults and older teenagers who are having to deal with these type of issues in real live. It was done carefully and tastefully. I believe that this episode could be watched with smaller children and it would not have caused any uncomfortable questions with them. But it was the beginning of Disney trying to show your family there is nothing wrong with choosing this lifestyle.
Now they have taken it to the next level. Disney has started bypassing you as the parent and are now pushing the LGBT agenda directly to your children (early teens and younger).
Disney, like Satan, has spent many years easing us into believing this is okay. We have been lulled to sleep! Now Disney wants you to believe it is their place to indoctrinate your young children. Our five-year olds are being taught homosexuality is normal long before they should thinking about sexuality at all. In the words of Popeye the Sailor Man, “Enough is enough and enough is too much!”
So what should we be doing?
- We have to protect our young children from this evil influence. It is our job, as parents, to take the time to screen what the world is telling children. In the past, we just assumed if it was Disney, it was safe. Never again. From now on, all new Disney movies or shows must be screened before allowing our children to watch.
- Send a message. This could be in many forms. We could just send a letter to Disney, but that is unlikely to get the point across. We could stop buying anything with a Disney label. Believe me, money talks the loudest! But once again, this message would take many years to effect a company so large.
- Teach our children and others the Truth! I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. (Romans 12:1,2) All of the answers can be found in the Bible.
Were you really surprised by Disney coming out of the closet recently? If you were, you haven’t been paying attention.
What are your thought? Regardless of your stance on the LGBT community, is it really Disney’s place to try to force-feed their agenda to small children?