What’s on a Geocacher’s Christmas Wish List?
If you have a geocacher in your life, you probably know they are sometimes hard to figure out when it comes time to buy gifts. This is especially hard if you happen to be a muggle (oops, sorry! – A non-geocacher) Geocacher’s come in all different shapes and sizes. We come from different backgrounds, different countries, different ethnicities, and different religions, but we all love geocaching. Some of us love finding the geocaches, some prefer to hide them. Most of us love the events where we get to brag about our craziest find or our newest geocaching toy. Some of us love hiking to distant caches way out in the woods or mountains, while others prefer a quick P&G (Park and Grab).
So, with such a diverse group of people, how can you even guess at what will be on a geocacher’s Christmas wish list?
Items possibly found on your Geocacher’s Christmas Wish List:
- GPSr – (This would be for the cacher that likes going a little further out, to places where mobile phones stop working) I don’t know any geocacher that would turn down a new GPSr, but you probably should be careful here, some of us are very particular about the features available on our GPSr. It might be better to just get them a gift card to a sporting goods store.
- Cache Me If You Can – This is a geocaching themed board game that would be great for the socializing geocacher who loves going to events. It’s easy to learn, fun to play, and never plays the same way twice!
- Geocache clothing – After bushwhacking to get to the high terrain geocaches, new clothing would always be appreciated.
- Geocache containers – For the geocache hider on your list, you can never go wrong with some unusual or tricky containers. And don’t be worried if you see your geocacher drooling over an ammo-box (it’s a geocacher thing)
- Geocaching Swag – S.W.A.G stands for Stuff We All Get(check out – GEOCACHER LANGUAGE : WHAT ARE THEY SAYING?) If your geocacher keeps picking up small items and saying things like this would make some great swag, he or she probably likes to trade items in geocaches. Swag will definitely be on this geocacher’s Christmas wish list.
- Trackables – (What’s a trackable you ask? Check out our post TRACKABLES ARE PART OF THE FUN!) – This could be anything that has a geocaching tracking code on it.
- Hiking Gear – For the geocacher who really likes to go to the extreme and find the more lonely caches, any kind of hiking or camping gear would be welcomed.
As you can see, we are not that hard to shop for when you know what where to look. I hope this short list helps you find the perfect gift for your special geocacher.
What’s on your Geocacher’s Christmas Wish List?
This post was not meant to be all-inclusive, but to give the muggles in our lives a little nudge in the right direction this Christmas. What would you add to this list that you would like to find under your Christmas tree or in your stocking? Tell us in the comments below.